& salary bands
We understand that it is important to provide clarity on how your career can develop with us, and what the salary bands are for each stage of your career.
Please click here for more information.
Salary bands are linked to knowledge, skills, experience and service to our clients, and the firm is committed to helping those who wish to learn and develop their technical expertise and career through a variety of roles, with full support in terms of continuous professional development, further education and professional fees.
FUTURE job roles available
(We are not currently recruiting but please register an interest for the future)
CONVEYANCING FEE EARNER (CLC, SRA, CILEx QUALIFIED)
Residential CONVEYANCING SOLICITOR /
(with partnership opportunity)
Based on PQE experience
Permanent, Full time or Part time
Looking to join a family run firm that specialises in Residential Conveyancing?
Due to our continued success and growth, we have an excellent opportunity to join an existing team of 11 people, with key points summarised below and if you are interested in either applying or just learning more about the role, then we can arrange an informal and confidential chat :)
- Permanent, full time with flexible, part time working options available
- Based at our Gateshead office
- Free parking & no city centre traffic
- CLC License / SRA / CILEx qualifications required (or working towards)
- Partnership / Director opportunity available
- No billing targets due to ethos of putting clients first and supporting other team members
- Consistent, low caseload level with no large peaks or troughs
- Full holiday cover, with caseload managed when you’re away
- No expectation or need that you bring clients with you
- We start at 9am and leave at 5pm (and 4pm on a Friday) with excellent work / life balance (flexible working options are available)
- Full administration support team
- Our measure of success is ensuring staff are happy in their roles with a sense of pride and achievement on completion day - this in turn leads to happy clients and a great reputation for both you and the firm
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The role requires a minimum of 2 years PQE, and you will be one of the following:
- A qualified Licensed Conveyancer (CLC)
- A qualified Legal Executive (CILEx)
- A qualified Solicitor (SRA)
A Partnership / Director opportunity is available and we also welcome applications from experienced Conveyancers who are currently studying for (or intend to study for) one of the above qualifications.
OVERVIEW OF DP CONVEYANCING & HOW WE WORK
As a modern, professional yet down-to-earth Conveyancing firm, we are neither ‘old school’ nor target obsessed where each Conveyancer must hit individual objectives.
We work on the underlying principle of making it easy to do our jobs and ensuring staff are happy in their roles, which brings a sense of pride and achievement on completion day which in turn puts a smile on the face of our clients and introducers who come back to us time after time, which in turn helps us to grow as a firm :)
We aim to put a smile on the face our staff, clients and introducers in the following ways:
- Manageable caseloads - We do not offer ‘cheap conveyancing’ and so we are able to keep caseloads low. We have developed approaches to control the volume of your caseload to one that is well balanced and achievable, with a range of corrective actions taken within the firm when we get close to the maximum or minimum caseload level for each Fee Earner. The ability to control caseload level is a key objective for the firm and one to which we are fully committed, in order to ensure a consistent service level for clients and a healthy work-life balance for team members.
- No financial billing targets – There are no individual billing targets due to our ethos of putting clients first and doing the ‘right thing’ as well as supporting each other within the team.
- Streamlined systems - We have developed (and continue to develop) easy-to-use systems that help to ensure clear communication at each stage of the Conveyancing process. Our system dramatically reduces the level of administration and automatically communicates the right information at the right time to all parties, so reducing the number of telephone calls into the office that in turn creates time to do the ‘real’ conveyancing work.
- No need to bring your own clients (unless you want to) - We do not expect or need you to bring your own clients through your existing contacts. We are aware that ‘drumming up business’ is not everyone’s cup of tea, and we have an excellent process in place for securing new sources of instructions year on year, along with a sub-team dedicated to this business development activity. For those Conveyancers who do prefer to get involved in business development, we support staff in ‘getting away from the desk’ to meet up with Estate Agents and Mortgage Brokers, all helping to strengthen and develop any existing relationships you may have.
- Holiday cover - We understand from personal experience that ‘coming back from holiday’ can be a challenge in terms of a backlog, which is why we ensure caseloads are fully covered during holiday periods. Emails are answered and files are progressed to help provide peace of mind when you’re away, and minimise the first week back overload (we’ve all been there!).
- Standard working hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday with a 4pm finish on a Friday, along with flexible hours available to suit personal needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
As outlined at the start this job role description, the role requires certain qualifications and experience, and we’re sure you’ll agree that none of us will ever know everything about Conveyancing, and so we’re not expecting you to be the font of all knowledge - what we’re really interested in is a desire for continuous learning and doing the best we can for our clients.
SALARY, CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
CPD and financial support - We believe that people go to work to do a good job, and the firm is committed to helping those who wish to learn and develop. This may include the increase of technical knowledge as well as developing Management and expertise, with the firm offering full support in terms of continuous professional development, further education and professional fees. If you’re tied into re-paying training costs or fees to your existing employer, then we’re more than happy to discuss how we can help.
Career ladder - As a firm, we believe it is important to provide clarity on career opportunities linked to knowledge, skills, experience and service to our clients.
Please paste click below for more information:
Partnerships & Growth - The firm is committed to offering Partnership opportunities as part of your career development, and we look forward to supporting the successful candidate in this area.
Not ready to expand your role just yet? We understand that some people may not wish to take on more complex caseloads or go down the management / supervisory career path at certain points in their life, and that’s OK as we value those team members who just wish to focus on their current role, as much as those to who have future career advancement and management ambitions.
A variety of benefits exist including pension, bonus system, discounted legal services, free eye tests.
We offer a holiday allowance of 33 days (including 8 bank holidays) with up to 5 extra days for long service, along with 1 extra holiday to either volunteer in your local community or for your birthday :)
If you would like to have an informal and confidential chat over a coffee during or after normal office hours (or over the weekend) then please make arrangements via Pete and we look forward meeting up – Dawn and Pete.
CONVEYANCING ASSISTANT / PARALEGAL / LEGAL SECRETARY ROLES
Conveyancing Assistant / Paralegal / Legal Secretary
Gateshead, Team Valley
£18,000 to £26,000
Permanent, Full time or Part Time
Looking to join a family run firm that specialises in Residential Conveyancing?
Due to our continued success, we have a permanent role available ( full time or part time ) for an experienced Conveyancing Assistant / Paralegal / Legal Secretary who has worked in a conveyancing department for a minimum of 5 years.
The role primarily involves the day to day support of Licensed Conveyancers and Solicitors (Fee Earners) as well helping junior colleagues to learn and develop.
The role can be either full time or part time with flexible working options and if you are interested in either applying or just learning more about the role, then we can arrange an informal and confidential chat.
The firm has established itself as a premier provider of Conveyancing Services in the North East and offers excellent career opportunities as it continues to grow and expand.
As a modern, professional Conveyancing firm, our aim is to put a smile on the face of our clients, Estate Agent and Mortgage Broker partners by providing a friendly and efficient service.
We are neither an ‘old school’ firm nor a target obsessed ‘conveyancing factory’ where each individuals must hit individual objectives.
Our measure of success is ensuring staff are happy in their roles with a sense of pride and achievement on completion day - and this in turn leads to happy clients and agents who come back to us time after time.
HOW WE WORK
Our guiding principle is to make it as easy as possible for you to do your Conveyancing related job with clear communication at each stage of the Conveyancing process, and we achieve this through a combination of:
- Investment in technology using the UK’s foremost quote generation and case management system. This easy to use system dramatically reduces the level of administration and automatically communicates the right information at the right time to all parties, so reducing the number of calls into the office that in turn creates time to do the real conveyancing work
- Highly effective and fit for purpose client forms and streamlined office processes
- Avoiding the provision of ‘cheap Conveyancing’, which means we are able to control caseload level to one that is well balanced and achievable
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- To support Fee Earners in day to day work
- To provide secretarial support when required
- To support junior colleagues as they learn and develop
- To answer and make phone calls to and from clients, others solicitors, estate agents etc
- To organise and maintain case files
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced and comfortable in handling telephone calls from Clients, Estate Agents, Other side etc
- Experienced in supporting Fee Earners in a variety of areas
- Capable of carrying out general office duties to a high standard
- Able to maintain a high level of presentation and accuracy
- Able to keep track of key dates
- Able to liaise directly with clients and other professionals; making appointments and managing diaries
- Able to assist with the development of office procedures
The successful candidate will have the following personal qualities:
- Enthusiastic and hardworking
- Have an keen eye for detail
- Keen to learn
- Keen to help junior members of staff to learn and develop
It would be expected that an experienced applicant will be able to ‘hit the ground running’ in terms of the following types of activities:
- Handling telephone calls from Clients, Estate Agents, Other side etc
- Process Memorandums of Sale from Estate Agents
- Carry out and check pre-contract searches
- Prepare Report on Searches
- Prepare Report on Mortgage terms
- Prepare replies to Completion & Undertaking form
- Prepare Contract documentation to send to client for signature
- Prepare and submit Land Registry applications
- Obtain and check land registry documents and title deeds
- Request redemption statements
- Prepare Draft Contracts
- Prepare Completion letters
- Apply for OS1 & K16 searches at HMLR
- Check replies to enquiries & support reports to client
- Prepare completion statements
- Prepare transfer deeds
SALARY AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- CPD and financial support - We believe that people go to work to do a good job, and the firm is committed to helping those who wish to learn and develop their technical expertise and career through a variety of roles, with full support in terms of continuous professional development, further education and professional fees. If you’re tied into re-paying training costs or fees to your existing employer, then we’re more than happy to discuss how we can help.
- Career ladder- As a firm, we believe it is important to provide clarity on career opportunities linked to knowledge, skills, experience and service to our clients - please scroll down for more information. Please click https://goo.gl/PXZ3u5 for more information.
A variety of benefits exist including pension, discounted legal services, free eye tests and 1 day paid time off to volunteer in your local community.
We provide a holiday allowance of 33 days (including 8 bank holidays) with up to 5 extra days for long service.
HOW TO APPLY OR REGISTER AN INTEREST
If you would like to have an informal and confidential chat with over a coffee during or after normal office hours (or over the weekend) then please make arrangements via Pete on email@example.com and we look forward meeting up – Dawn and Pete.
our current team
LICENSED CONVEYANCER & DIRECTOR OF LEGAL SERVICES
Dawn is the founder of
DP Conveyancing Property Law Limited with over 27 years experience in the Legal Profession within a number of law firms.
Danielle is a Law Graduate, and specialises in conveyancing support within the firm.
Peter is a Continuous Improvement (CI) and Organisational Development (OD) expert, as well as a Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt with over 30 years of business experience.
Elvina specialises in all finance related matters
and business support.
Helen is a qualified Solicitor with many years experience in the Legal Profession within a number of law firms.
Debbie has many years of experience in the Legal Profession within a number of law firms.
LICENSED CONVEYANCER & DIRECTOR (PARTNER)
Marie is a qualified licensed conveyancer with over 24 years experience in the Legal Profession within a number of law firms.
OFFICE ADMIN ASSISTANT
Amber is an Office Admin Assistant and specialises in conveyancing support within the firm.
Sarah is a Licensed conveyancer with over 6 years experience in the Legal Profession.
Andrea specialises in conveyancing support within the firm at our Benton office.
Steph specialises in conveyancing support within the firm at our Gateshead office.
Lisa specialises in conveyancing support within the firm at our Gateshead office.
want to express an interest in roles ?
If you would like to register an interest, simply fill in the form and we'll keep you posted on current and future opportunities.
Please feel free to share this page with anyone you think may be interested!